The Eighteenth Dream of Dr. Sardonicus three-day festival
Fruits de Mer Records 18th Dream of Dr. Sardonicus August 7-9, 2019
Dr. Sardonicus will be dreaming again in August - our sixth year (seven, if you count Crabstock - let's count Crabstock, so it's SEVEN) in Cardigan.
Book your B&B, hotel, caravan, campsite, whatever - as we're lining up another three days rammed with great live music, giveaways, exclusive vinyl, performing frogs...OK, cancel the frogs.
LINE-UP CONFIRMED FOR THE 18th DREAM OF DR. SARDONICUS FESTIVAL (August 7-9)...
CONTINUING OUR RUNNING THEME OF SEVENTIES LEGENDS THAT WERE ONCE SIGNED TO 'UNITED ARTISTS' RECORD LABEL (PREVIOUS BANDS BEING 'NIK TURNER', FOLLOWED BY LAST YEAR'S BRILLIANT 'GROUNDHOGS'),WE ARE INCREDIBLY PROUD TO WELCOME WELSH SUPERSTARS 'MAN' TO THE DOCTOR'S STAGE. OTHER INTERNATIONAL HIGHLIGHTS OVER THE THREE DAYS OF MUSIC WILL BE 'LONDON UNDERGROUND' (ITALY), THE RETURN OF 'FUCHSIA' (AUSTRALIA), 'THE FERTILITY CULT' (FINLAND), AND 'LOVEYDOVE' (USA). WALES WILL HAVE FURTHER REPRESENTATION FROM 'SENDELICA' AND 'SARAH BIRCH' PLUS LOTS OF OTHER AMAZING BANDS....INCLUDING PSYCHIC LEMON and MOON GOOSE... SEE POSTER FOR FULL LISTING
PLEASE BEAR IN MIND THAT WITH LIFE PRETTY UNPREDICTABLE AT THE MOMENT, THE LINE-UP IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE, BUT WE'LL KEEP YOU POSTED ON ANY CHANGES TO THE LINE-UP, OR TO THE EVENT ITSELF
ADD TO THAT HEADY MIX OF ARTISTS LOTS OF EXCLUSIVE VINYL AND CD RELEASES, THE FDM 'GOODIE BAG' AND GIVEAWAYS, ALL MAKE FOR YET ANOTHER AMAZING WEEKEND AHEAD.
LATEST NEWS: EX NORWEGIAN WILL BE OVER FROM THE USA AND WILL PLAY A FREE GIG IN THE CELLAR BAR ON THE EVENING OF THURSDAY AUGUST 6th - A GREAT WAY TO WARM UP FOR THE FESTIVAL
THE FdM GOODIE-BAG : WE WERE TRYING FOR SOMETHING A LITTLE MORE MODEST FOR THE 18th DREAM - THE 17th DREAM ONE WAS A BIT OVER-THE-TOP - BUT IT'S NOT QUITE WORKING OUT THAT WAY, AS IT WILL INCLUDE:
* A SIGNED WHITE LABEL FdM 7" from The Past Tense
* AN EXCLUSIVE TODD DILLINGHAM COMPILATION CD 'WHALES FROM TODDOGRAPHIC OCEANS', put together by his brother, Mick Dillingham
* A CD OF AN EXCELLENT 'LOST' PROG ALBUM, 'VILSE I PANNKAKAN', released for the first time in any physical format
* A SPECIALLY-COMPILED CD OF PSYCH TRACKS FROM THE BIG STIR LABEL
* A CD OF 70s RUSSIAN PROG/ELECTRONICA BY YURI MOROZOV (kindly supplied by the Buried Treasure label - see background to the CD below)
* A DVD - 'ELECTRIC ORANGE - LIVE AT THE PSYCHEDELIC NETWORK FESTIVAL'
* THREE DIMENSIONAL TANX'S CD ALBUM, 'ATTACK'
* EITHER SOMETHING FROM THE VENERABLE STATIC CARAVAN BACK-CATALOGUE OR SPACE INVADERS' 'INVASION ON PLANET Z', COURTESY OF NASOMI RECORDS (the luck of the goodie-bag!)
* EITHER A COPY OF THE LOVE EXPLOSION'S CD 'MAY CONTAIN TRACES OF DREAMS' OR A CD FROM THE TELEPHONES' BACK-CATALOGUE (again, the luck of the goodie-bag!)
* FREE DOWNLOAD CODES FOR BOTH ALBUMS BY SEN3 - 'THE DROP' and 'VOL II'
* and the first 100 people through the door will also get either The Electric Crayon Set's 'What A Rotter Of A Day' CD (on Soundhawk Records) OR Earthling society's 'Zen Bastard' CD ORBlunderpussy's 'Just Like Regular Chickens' CD (with thanks to Fred Laird!)
...AND there's the traditional Saturday afternoon FdM/Record Collector magazine free raffle!
EARLY BIRD TICKETS ARE AVAILABLE AT THE DISCOUNTED PRICE OF £55 (£70 ON THE DOOR). REMEMBER WE'VE SOLD OUT THE LAST COUPLE OF YEARS... LAST YEAR SOLD OUT IN RECORD TIME, SO DON'T DELAY TOO LONG - OVER TWO-THIRDS OF THE TICKETS HAVE GONE ALREADY!
and the event is sponsored once again by the ever-generous Record Collector magazine and regularly-drunk Mantle Brewery. Here's how RC launched their sponsorship in their 500th edition...
Yuri Morozov: Strange Angels (Buried Treasure)
- this is a 27 track compilation of experimental + electronic music from 1970s soviet Russia, banned by the KGB for its esoteric content & references to forbidden spiritual texts. Yuri recorded over 40 albums from the early 70s until his death in 2006. Compiled by Alan Gubby (The Delaware Road / Revbjelde) “Goblin-esque prog, industrial folk, stoner metal & primitive cyber glam - this is the most mind-blowing, engaging album you’ve never heard by a legend from the other side of the world” The Big Takeover "wonderful psych, prog, electronic & library funk madness" Soul Jazz / Sounds Of The Universe
DID WE MENTION A FREE RAFFLE...?
On the Saturday, we run a free raffle for everyone with prizes kindly supplied by Record Collector magazine and a few very kind bands. 2020 will be no exception, and the first prizes have arrived at FdM Towers -
Three years ago The Striped Bananas kindly gave everyone at our annual summer festival a free compilation CD, this time they've sent a batch of CDs, 7" singles and LPs over from the East Coast of the USA as prizes. More prizes to be unveiled soon
...AND THEN THERE'S THE SCHIZO FUN ADDICT EXCLUSIVE...
We'll have around 40 copies for sale of the Schizo's new album 'The Last Wave' as a lathe-cut LP - a joint-venture between us and Flicknife Records - they'll be the only copies we'll ever have for sale, the rest go to Flicknife and the band. It'll be first-come-first served on the Sunday.